The activities of the Chicana/Latina Foundation (CLF) are focused on making positive changes that can and will empower Latinas. All of these efforts bring together the strength and effort of individuals and the community.
- Scholarships - CLF assists Latina students in completing their undergraduate and graduate college education. These scholarships are available on a competitive basis to continuing Latina undergraduate and graduate college students attending a University in Northern California. See the Scholarship section for complete details.
- Leadership Insitute - The Leadership Institute was designed to offer an educational and mentoring component for the Scholarship Awardees during the year of their scholarship.
- Youth Adelante - Is an after school program for middle school students in the Redwood City area. This collaboration between El Concilio of San Mateo County and CLF allows us to work with a younger population on Academic Achievement and Leadership Development.
- Entre Hermanas mentoring program - This collaboration with HOPE and Comcast, has expanded our mentoring to 3 generations of Latinas. Professional women mentor CLF Scholarship Awardees, who in turn mentor High School Students.
- Skill-Building Workshops - We travel to many colleges & universities in northern California to increase Latinos' writing and interviewing skills in order to enhance their ability to compete more successfully in the scholarship application process.
Latina Leadership is...
A passion for the develop-
ment and support of all Latinas