Chicana / Latina Foundation Scholarship Program
Guidelines and Application
Each year the Chicana Latina Foundation awards merit-based scholarships to Latina college students, valued at $1,500 dollars each. This year we are delighted to offer 31 scholarships
View list of this year's recipients.
Applications are now being accepted.
The deadline for submission is Tuesday, March 31, 2015
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be eligible for the CLF Scholarship.
- Be a woman of Chicana/Latina heritage.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college, university, or community college in one of the following Northern California counties:
Click here for list of eligible counties
- Have lived at least two years in one of the above Northern California counties at the time of application
- Community College and Undergraduate students must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time college student (as defined by your institution*) when
applying and for the following academic year, and
- Have completed 12 college units after high school graduation, and
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 of college course work
- Graduate students must:
- Be enrolled graduate/professional students completing course/thesis/dissertation;
or have been accepted into graduate/professional school, and
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for college course work
- Commit to attending the CLF Leadership Institute (one weekend in August after being selected and one weekend the following year in February)
- Commit to volunteering ten (10) hours for CLF before March the year after being selected
- Past CLF awardees may not re-apply until four years after receiving our scholarship
*If your institution considers you full-time, but you are enrolled or will be enrolled in less than 12 units, please explain the reason you are considered full-time in the Comments section of your application.Other Scholarship Programs
This program supports LGBT students:
The Scholarship Guidelines and Application are available in PDF format. You may need to download the Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader .
Mail the completed Application and Documents to:
Chicana Latina Foundation
1419 Burlingame Ave. Suite W2
Burlingame, CA 94010