Chicana / Latina Foundation Scholarship Program
Guidelines and Application
Each year the Chicana Latina Foundation awards merit-based scholarships to Latina college students, valued at $1,500 dollars each. This year we are delighted to offer 31 scholarships.Application Deadline
Our 2013 scholarship is now CLOSED.
Please visit us again at the beginning of 2014. Our application deadline is always in March.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be eligible for the CLF Scholarship.
- Be a woman of Chicana/Latina heritage.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college, university, or community college in one of the following Northern California counties:
Click here for list of eligible counties
- Have lived at least two years in one of the above Northern California counties at the time of application
- Community College and Undergraduate students must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time college student (as defined by your institution*) when
applying and for the following academic year, and
- Have completed 12 college units after high school graduation, and
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 of college course work
- Graduate students must:
- Be enrolled graduate/professional students completing course/thesis/dissertation;
or have been accepted into graduate/professional school, and
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for college course work
- Commit to attending the CLF Leadership Institute (one weekend in August after being selected and one weekend the following year in February)
- Commit to volunteering ten (10) hours for CLF before March the year after being selected
- Past CLF awardees may not re-apply until four years after receiving our scholarship
*If your institution considers you full-time, but you are enrolled or will be enrolled in less than 12 units, please explain the reason you are considered full-time in the Comments section of your application.